The growth of the Bakery products and convenience food products markets owing to the fast-paced lifestyles of consumers is providing significant growth prospects for the Yeast market. The scope of applications of yeasts is constantly broadening in various industries including food, pharmaceutical, and animal feed. The global Yeast Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.72% durAing the forecast period 2018—2023. APAC is the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.24%, which is mainly attributed to the increased utilization of yeast as an ingredient in the food and pharmaceutical industries in these regions.
- The global beer demand has remained virtually constant in the recent past with approximately 190.9 million kiloliters produced in 2017, which was a mere 0.1 percent decline from the previous year, according to a Kirin Beer University report. Evidently, beer producers are bringing in sustained profits and consequently, the providers of raw materials of the beverage are in for a consistent demand inflow in the near future.
- One of the gainers in the beer value chain is the producers of yeast, a microorganism that is essential for the fermentation process to manufacture ethanol, which makes a beverage alcoholic.
- However, the prosperity of the global yeast market is not solely dependent on the continued demand for beer, as some types the microorganism that has nearly 1,500 species are used at some stage of production of several other alcoholic beverages including wine, mead, and distilled spirits such as whiskey, rum, brandy, and vodka.
Additionally, yeast market players are gaining formidable demand influx from the flourishing food industry:
- Yeast-rich foods are good sources of proteins and vitamin B, aids the digestive system, and boosts the immunity system.
- Bakery products are dependent on yeast to act as a leavening agent and transform the dough into soft and spongy textured products such as bread, donuts, and cakes; imparting desired flavor, aroma, and texture to the end products.
Organic Yeast a Disruptive Market Trend:
Almost all reputed manufacturers operating the food and beverage industry are leveraging a new segment of demand: organic products. Consumer awareness regarding the repercussions of long-term usage of chemically produced food products has escalated in the past decade as a result of deepening penetration of social media with free information. Now, elite consumers across developed nations and urban parts of developing countries are now willing to spend extra for products made from natural ingredients and consequently, organic yeast market is expected to propel in the near future.
Some of the examples changing product portfolio of major players on the back of organic product trend can be Springer Organic Baker’s Yeast Extract by Biospringer and a whole host of products from Angel Yeast. The company has gained European Union’s Organic Certification for a number of products such as autolysis yeast, dry wine yeast, inactive yeast, yeast cell wall, yeast extract, feeding dry yeast, feeding Selenium yeast, and mannoproteins.
To access/purchase the full report browse the link below:
What can you expect from the report?
The Yeast market Report is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Merges & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis ( By Revenue & Volume )
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.